This morning, the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum unveiled the first retail bobblehead of Portland Timber's mascot, Timber Joey. The bobblehead is being released leading up to Portland’s 2019 MLS Cup Playoff game next weekend.
- The officially licensed bobbleheads just arrived and will only be available from the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum’s Online Store.
- The bobbleheads are $40 each plus a flat rate shipping charge of $8 per order.
- Each bobblehead is individually numbered to only 2,019.
- The Portland Timbers tradition of having an authentic lumberman as the team’s mascot began in the 1970’s when Jim Serrill (Timber Jim) became the team’s mascot.
- Timber Joey took over for Timber Jim in January 2008, following Timber Jim’s retirement.
- Cutting off the “log slab” from the victory log after each Timbers goal has become one of the best traditions in soccer, as the slab is sent through the stands before being presented to the goal scorer in a post-match ceremony.
- The only other Timber Joey bobblehead was produced in 2012 as part of a Home Depot promotion.
- The Portland Timbers will be taking on Real Salt Lake in Round 1 of the 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs on Saturday, October 19th.
- The officially licensed bobbleheads were produced for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum by FOCO.