‘Our hearts are bursting’: Bolton community helps victims of house fire by Karen Martin-Robbins

A Bolton family that lost everything in a house fire just days before Christmas is grateful to the community for reaching out to help them.

“My children had no presents,” explains Tracy Iozzo, whose belongings were destroyed in a fire at her home on Bell Air Drive in Bolton on Dec. 19.

“Everything was wrapped and under the tree before the fire. And then it was all gone. All my Christmas spirit was taken away. These people replaced my spirit. Our hearts are bursting.”

Sport Chek in Bolton, where Tracy’s husband, Vito and their daughter Samantha, 16, work part time, went above and beyond providing the family with clothing.

Garden Foods, where her son, Vincent, 18, works has been providing them with food.

“We didn’t have anything with us,” explains Tracy.

Other local businesses, Four Corners, Canadian Tire, Marks Work Warehouse, Booster Juice, Freshii, Swiss Chalet and Pet Valu also donated to the family.

The Hampton Inn and Suites, where they have been staying, has been so helpful, making sure they have everything they need to be comfortable, Tracy said.

Their friends, Denise and John Ferguson, have been looking after their dog.