We often get asked where to eat, what to do in the area, or where to stay, so we put together a list of our favorites:
- Eating & Drinking:
- The Milwaukee Public Market has something for everyone from great food and drinks to amazing desserts.
- There are so many great restaurants surrounding us in every direction that we recommend checking Yelp depending on what you’re in the mood for. However, a couple of our favorites are Stack’d Burger Bar, which is located on our lower level, AJ Bombers, La Case De Alberto, and Egg & Flour Pasta Bar.
- A visit to Milwaukee wouldn’t be complete without a beer or brewery tour. Our favorites include Broken Bat Brewery which is just across the street from us, Sprecher Brewery (which also makes great root beer and sodas), Miller Brewery, Milwaukee Brewing Company and Lakefront Brewery.
- If you’re in Milwaukee on a Friday, a Fish Fry is a must. Our favorites include Barnacle Buds and Lakefront Brewery, but you check check out Milwaukee Magazine’s list of favorite fish frys!
- Our favorite custard in Milwaukee can be found at Kopps, although you can’t go wrong with a visit to any of the great local custard stands.
- The Historic Third Ward, which is just a block to our north, has some of the best shops, bars and restaurants in the area.
- There are several great Antique Malls located within a mile of the Museum!
- Milwaukee Food Tours offers a variety of great guided tours.
- One of the best ways to see Milwaukee is from the water and Milwaukee Boat Line has some great tours including a 90 minute tour that gives you great views from the Milwaukee River and Lake Michigan.
We were included in the book, “111 Places In Milwaukee That You Must Not Miss“, which is available for purchase in our Gift Shop and has other great must-see spots.
We know that everyone has different tastes and preferences and this is just a list of some of our favorites. Check out resources like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Visit Milwaukee and Milwaukee Magazine for more great suggestions and ideas for your visit to Milwaukee.