We often get asked where to eat, what to do in the area, or where to stay, so we put together a list of our favorites:
- Less than a mile south of us is Foamation, the Original Cheesehead Factory, where you can see how the Cheesehead is made and even make your own.
- Milwaukee has some other must-see museums including the Harley-Davidson Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Milwaukee Public Museum and the Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear.
- Some of our favorite free activities include a stroll down the Riverwalk to see the Bronze Fonz, a visit to the lakefront and Milwaukee's annual downtown sculpture exhibit, Sculpture Milwaukee.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The Milwaukee Public Market has something for everyone from great food and drinks to amazing desserts.
- There are so many great restaurants surrounding us in every direction that we recommend checking Yelp depending on what you're in the mood for. However, a couple of our favorites are Stack'd Burger Bar, which is located on our lower level, AJ Bombers, La Case De Alberto and Comet Cafe.
- A visit to Milwaukee wouldn't be complete without a brewery tour. Our favorites include Sprecher Brewery (which also makes great root beer and sodas), Miller Brewery, Milwaukee Brewing Company and Lakefront Brewery.
- If you're in Milwaukee on a Friday, a Fish Fry is a must. Our favorites include Barnacle Buds and Lakefront Brewery, but you check check out Milwaukee Magazine's list of favorite fish frys!
- Our favorite custard in Milwaukee can be found at Kopps, although you can't go wrong with a visit to any of the great local custard stands.
- The Milwaukee Brewers and Miller Park provide one of the best environments in baseball while the Milwaukee Bucks and their new home--the Fiserv Forum--are a must see.
- Make sure to check out the area's other teams including the Milwaukee Admirals, Lakeshore Chinooks, Milwaukee Wave, Brew City Bruisers and Milwaukee Milkmen. You may even be able to snag a bobblehead!
- There's always a festival going on during the summer in Milwaukee. We're only a 10 minute walk to the Summerfest grounds, which hosts, Summerfest, the World's Largest Music Festival that takes place for 11 days every summer in late June and early July.
- When Summerfest isn't taking place, the Summerfest grounds transform into a variety of other great festivals and events including Mexican Fiesta and Festa Italiana. Check out the calendar to see the full festival schedule.
- Other festivals that we enjoy include the Lakefront Festival of Art, Bastille Days, Brady Street Festival...and of course, State Fair!
- Milwaukee City Tours offers a variety of great guided tours as well as a Hop On Hop Off Tour on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from May through October that stops right by the Museum.
- One of the best ways to see Milwaukee is from on the water and Milwaukee Boat Line has some great tours including a 90 minute tour that gives you great views from the Milwaukee River and Lake Michigan.
We were included in the book, "111 Places In Milwaukee That You Must Not Miss", which is available for purchase in our Gift Shop and has other great must-see spots.
We know that everyone has different tastes and preferences and this is just a list of some of our favorites. Check out resources like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Visit Milwaukee and Milwaukee Magazine for more great suggestions and ideas for your visit to Milwaukee.